Party Today Won't believe what Happened

wjr75

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2013
IL
So I had a pool party today which turned out great in the end. Tested everything the last few days everything perfect. Yesterday afternoon I start to notice a slight cloudiness to my eyes. Bother Inlaw says it looks great. I'm like hmm? Test again..FC 3ppm above target and no cc reading. We just replaced our main pump with a Pentair WhisperPro a few weeks ago and when we did the PSI jump from 10PSI old pump to 15psi. This pump is really quite and has really good flow. This morning I open the pool cover and the water is cloudy like almost a algae outbreak. I test all numbers look good. What happened unfortunately yesterday the increase flow rate blew a cleat in my Sta Rite S8M150 filter cartridige which were kinda old. So now I need to find a replacement fast since people will start showing up at noon. Called all around but finally was lucky enough to live a half hour away from InTheSwim warehouse in West Chicgo Il. Drove out got replacements and had everything flowing before the start of the party. Took a few hours to clear but all is good now. Whoo what a day!

The beauty of being a TFP Pool Snob, what others see as a perfect pool you see as trouble brewing. Just imagine how mich longer it would have taken to find if you didnt know everything was properly balanced...

Thanks for sharing!

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

Like JamesW says, a too big pump can sure cause issues.

Importantly, kudos to you for analyzing your situation and understanding what to do about it.......You are a true TFPC dude. Nice work!:goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.