intex skimmer basket

May 23, 2015
parlin
I have a easy set oval intex pool and having trouble with the deluxe skimmer basket. The unit keeps floating up and causing the filter to suck in air. Any suggestions on how to fix this. Try searching for it but all the related threads are old or no longer available.
Thanks

Sorry I don't, but there are a lot of Intex owners with good tips around here, so hopefully one of them will have the answer.

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you, and hope you enjoy your time here.

Haha! I actually put a rock in mine just a couple days ago. It's never run better. I tried a few to get the right weight-to-buoyancy ratio, and now my skimmer works much MUCH better. My next pool will be a straight-sided pool with a "real" in-wall skimmer.

Now if only the strainer grid would stop getting clogged...

I have the problem with my strainer grid too. Some people have cut them off. I will be installing a skimmer soon.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/75619-Adding-a-Hayward-Thru-the-Wall-Skimmer-to-Intex-Metal-Frame-Pool-(PICS!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.