Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dophin DX5S filters??

1. Back To Top    #1

lambertville. Nj

Dophin DX5S filters??

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and im lost with my new DX5S. It was delivered with a set of mesh filters loaded inside the robot and a set of pleated filters in a bag. I been looking on line for hours trying to figure out which ones do I use?? Please anyone? Thanks Jim

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: Dophin DX5S filters??

Welcome to TFP!

Depends on what your goal is. The pleated ones trap finer particles. I seldom use them.

I I actually bought a second set of mesh filters and frames so,I can just swap,them out and toss my M5 back in the pool.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to the Forum Fairgame!!

What are you trying to clean up most of the time?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

4. Back To Top    #4

If you are trying to pick up fine stuff like silt and dead algae, use the pleated. If tou need to bet larger debris like leaves, dead insects, etc., use the mesh.