I purchased a home with a in ground pool late last summer. I limped through the end of the season with the pool store but wasn't impressed with their help.
I had them open the pool two weeks ago and found out they just dump in 4 bottles of shock, a bottle of algecide, and 2 bottles of pool magnet plus (metal inhibitor) without testing anything. This was the last straw!
I purchased the TF-100 test kit. I am hesitant to raise the CYA too high becase I am not sure of the effect of my SWG run time and Free Chlorine. The pool store recommended running the pump 12 hours but I think thats where last years high chlorine issues stemmed from. I also have an auto cover and little kids so the pool is covered unless we are using it.
FC 4.5 (After 1 week of not running the SWG)