Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Deck Coatings

1. Back To Top    #1

Deck Coatings

So it looks like I'm going to be replacing my copper piping. They deck is already in poor cosmetic shape anyways. To replace the pipes they are going to cut out channels then fill them back in, so obviously it's going to look even worse.

Any good deck coatings/overlays? I want something that will last as long as possible, and it has to be pretty thin
    Approx 15,000 gallon gunite pool, fiberglass finish. Hayward SP2302VSP, compools solar controller, 6 4x10 "Sealed Air" brand solar panels, Clean and Clear 520 cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Deck Coatings

Are you talking about something maybe like Kool Dek?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Something like it maybe, but I don't really like the texture of kool deck
    Approx 15,000 gallon gunite pool, fiberglass finish. Hayward SP2302VSP, compools solar controller, 6 4x10 "Sealed Air" brand solar panels, Clean and Clear 520 cartridge filter

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

With a textured acrylic coating a good installer can make it look like almost any finish you like. Brick, pavers, flagstone, you name it and they can reproduce it, if they are talented enough.

Check some of the photo gallery's on the Xcel, or Preferred Deck web sites.

Xcel Surfaces Gallery

http://prefdeck.com/wp-content/uploa...chure-Main.pdf
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Mine was done with a 2 colors of epoxy paint and stencil set from Sherwin Williams about 12 years ago, it is indoors, and just now starting to have some chips, however I had to cut out a 3x3 ft section of concrete a few weeks ago, and will need to patch that hole, so will probably do something new for the floor also (may wait for the next liner change which will be before next swim season)

Here is a photo from another post a year or two ago with a temporary circulation pump rigged up
    ol[/url]
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~