Pool is back up

Jul 22, 2014
Oakbank, Canada
Finally had decent enough weather to re-level, install stone blocks, Gorilla pad, and foam under the pool. So far, its level, hope it stays that way. I had to put 1 1/2" shim under 1 post, not sure what happened there, but it's all good. Now just filling, then guess I will be trimming all the extra foam away and doing the landscaping around the pool. Get the pump out, and hook things up once again.

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 111
Nice job! May I ask why you used foam and gorilla pad? I thought the choice was kinda one or the other. What's the advantage of combining them?

Well, one advantage could be weed barrier from gorilla pad. :mrgreen:

Nice job! May I ask why you used foam and gorilla pad? I thought the choice was kinda one or the other. What's the advantage of combining them?

I had a ton of roots I found growing under the old pool, so after removing them I wanted to ensure nothing would be able to poke up into the liner. The Gorilla pad will stop anything from growing through, and the foam does that as second protection, plus nice flat, soft bottom. Nothing quite like that little bit extra protection, and I cannot believe how soft the floor feels now.
Took me 3 weeks of root removing, packing, wetting, packing, wetting, packing, etc until I was confident the spots I took roots from were packed tight enough again.
Also the foam I used is only 3/4", but its the stuff we use for under poured concrete to insulate basements, so its designed for the pressures involved.

I had a ton of roots I found growing under the old pool, so after removing them I wanted to ensure nothing would be able to poke up into the liner. The Gorilla pad will stop anything from growing through, and the foam does that as second protection, plus nice flat, soft bottom. Nothing quite like that little bit extra protection, and I cannot believe how soft the floor feels now.
Took me 3 weeks of root removing, packing, wetting, packing, wetting, packing, etc until I was confident the spots I took roots from were packed tight enough again.
Also the foam I used is only 3/4", but its the stuf
f we use for under poured concrete to insulate basements, so its designed for the pressures involved.

Oh, ok, thanks for the info. I'll be setting my intex ultra up whenever it stops raining here, so I was curious. Thanks for the response. I bought landscaping fabric with a 10 year warranty against weeds growing trough it, so I hope that works. Did you get the interlocking foam or the regular edge? I was wondering if the interlocking would be worth the few dollar difference to make it easier to tape.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh, ok, thanks for the info. I'll be setting my intex ultra up whenever it stops raining here, so I was curious. Thanks for the response. I bought landscaping fabric with a 10 year warranty against weeds growing trough it, so I hope that works. Did you get the interlocking foam or the regular edge? I was wondering if the interlocking would be worth the few dollar difference to make it easier to tape.

I used the regular edge since that is all it came with. I had no trouble taping it together, as my wife pushed the edges while I taped.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.