Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool is back up

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool is back up

Finally had decent enough weather to re-level, install stone blocks, Gorilla pad, and foam under the pool. So far, its level, hope it stays that way. I had to put 1 1/2" shim under 1 post, not sure what happened there, but it's all good. Now just filling, then guess I will be trimming all the extra foam away and doing the landscaping around the pool. Get the pump out, and hook things up once again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool is back up

Nice pic. I can appreciate the hard work. Hope it holds-up well for you and you have a great swimming season.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks great!
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice job! May I ask why you used foam and gorilla pad? I thought the choice was kinda one or the other. What's the advantage of combining them?
    Intex Ultra 9'x18' AG, 2800 Gph .75hp pump, 77# sand filter, Intex ECO SWG, Hayward wide mouth skimmer, KK Lil Shark vacuum, Intex magnetic light, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks good man!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by FunFinder View Post
    Nice job! May I ask why you used foam and gorilla pad? I thought the choice was kinda one or the other. What's the advantage of combining them?
    Well, one advantage could be weed barrier from gorilla pad.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Good work! Bring the heat!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

Good job! Bet you are glad to have that sorted out.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

9. Back To Top    #9

I had a ton of roots I found growing under the old pool, so after removing them I wanted to ensure nothing would be able to poke up into the liner. The Gorilla pad will stop anything from growing through, and the foam does that as second protection, plus nice flat, soft bottom. Nothing quite like that little bit extra protection, and I cannot believe how soft the floor feels now.
    Took me 3 weeks of root removing, packing, wetting, packing, wetting, packing, etc until I was confident the spots I took roots from were packed tight enough again.
    Also the foam I used is only 3/4", but its the stuff we use for under poured concrete to insulate basements, so its designed for the pressures involved.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by DarrelB View Post
    I had a ton of roots I found growing under the old pool, so after removing them I wanted to ensure nothing would be able to poke up into the liner. The Gorilla pad will stop anything from growing through, and the foam does that as second protection, plus nice flat, soft bottom. Nothing quite like that little bit extra protection, and I cannot believe how soft the floor feels now.
    Took me 3 weeks of root removing, packing, wetting, packing, wetting, packing, etc until I was confident the spots I took roots from were packed tight enough again.
    Also the foam I used is only 3/4", but its the stuf
    f we use for under poured concrete to insulate basements, so its designed for the pressures involved.
    Oh, ok, thanks for the info. I'll be setting my intex ultra up whenever it stops raining here, so I was curious. Thanks for the response. I bought landscaping fabric with a 10 year warranty against weeds growing trough it, so I hope that works. Did you get the interlocking foam or the regular edge? I was wondering if the interlocking would be worth the few dollar difference to make it easier to tape.
    Intex Ultra 9'x18' AG, 2800 Gph .75hp pump, 77# sand filter, Intex ECO SWG, Hayward wide mouth skimmer, KK Lil Shark vacuum, Intex magnetic light, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Well, one advantage could be weed barrier from gorilla pad.
    Thanks Casey! I didn't realize you would need both.

12. Back To Top    #12

Oh, ok, thanks for the info. I'll be setting my intex ultra up whenever it stops raining here, so I was curious. Thanks for the response. I bought landscaping fabric with a 10 year warranty against weeds growing trough it, so I hope that works. Did you get the interlocking foam or the regular edge? I was wondering if the interlocking would be worth the few dollar difference to make it easier to tape.
    I used the regular edge since that is all it came with. I had no trouble taping it together, as my wife pushed the edges while I taped.