Winterization FAIL - No water shooting from Jet - Need ideas!

LordX2

Jun 11, 2011
Hey all.

I hired a company to close my in ground pool last year.

The water jets in the pool have screw in covers for the winter.

It looks like on one of them - the guys must have had problems getting the screw-in cover on - so must have used a 'plug' in its place.

I just took the safety cover off yesterday to find the jet hole completely open (plug fell out over the winter).................

I hooked up the rest of the equipment - and turned on the water - to find that the other 3 jets are shooting out water very well.... however, the one in question is not shooting out ANY water.

In my head this feels like a broken pipe from freezing.

Please tell me there are other possibilities here!

You would think there would be some water and dirt coming out that one. All the valves open? Possibly a piece of the plug stuck in the line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my first thought was the plug broke and part is still in the pipe. Time to gently probe that return with the universal tool, a cut off coat hanger. Again, the key word was gently, we don't want to push an obstruction further up the pipe.

Hah - well good news.

The plug WAS in the pipe - just WAY inside. I was able to JUST reach the screw with my fingers and undo it and pull it out.

Saw all the glorious air bubbles come out - which made me happy that there was no water in the line.

PS - did I do any damage by running the pump with the plug in?!?!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.