Houston Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
Filled the pool with well water. Did a test using the k2006 kit. Water has a greenish tint.
Using trichlor tablets right now until my Cya gets higher.

Where should I begin??

Fc 6ppm
PH 7.2
Ta 280
Ch 260
Cya 0

Is the green tint like clear greenish tinted water?

The water has a greenish tint but clear, then most likely due to iron content. This is common in well water.
With CYA of 0 and FC of 6, which is extremely high for 0 FC, and iron in solution the water will turn green.

I do not recommend pool store testing, but a test kit of metals is expensive, in the 100$ range. So a free pool test although not necessarily accurate at all, may at least confirm if there is any metal content.

If you do have iron, it will also lead to staining of the liner.

Your options are somewhat limited.
Refill the pool with metal free water,
perform Reverse Osmosis on the water (if available in your area),
or use a metal sequestrant such as Jacks Magic.

Aerating will not bring down TA.

MA will bring down TA and then aerate to bring up PH.

- - - Updated - - -

I should clarify. If you tested the TA yourself with a good test kit and its that high you will need muratic acid to reduce it. Muratic acid will also reduce your PH and that is what gets raised with aeration.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dumped a half gallon of muriatic acid in today. Going to let the pump run for a while. Pool is clear. I am getting some dirt though when I first start up the pump. Guessing I need to backwash the filter? The hose doesn't come in til Wednesday so I'll have to wait.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.