Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 10 x 20 Intex Pool Install

1. Back To Top    #1

Puyallup, WA

10 x 20 Intex Pool Install

Just installed my pool and wow that was painless. We just have it constructed no filter or pumy installed yet. This was our first time setting up this pool that we received from some friends took less than a hour.

We want to clean the exterior and Interror before filling with water what does everyone suggest using. The pool sat for two years and it's not too bad but we want to clean prior to filling.

Thank you!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sierra Vista, Az

Re: 10 x 20 Intex Pool Install

Congrats. I would use diluted bleach water to clean it.
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Louisiana

Re: 10 x 20 Intex Pool Install

Like Azgirl said, diluted bleach in water, if you have not read this yet, you may want to give it a read it is a simplified version of the TFP method designed for pools where you plan to dump the water at the end of the season, or if things go too wrong during the summer. It works on the assumption you only have a basic OTO/pH test and of the theory of blindly adding (with no way to test) only what is needed to the water on start up and assuming you don't loose too much to splash out during the season. To use this method it is important to log and track all chemical additions to the pool so you can calculate the CYA level, this means generally NO DRY CHLORINE PRODUCTS, liquid bleach ONLY, dry chlorine products contain CYA and since your basic test can't test for this, and the FC to CYA ratio is important to a balanced pool (one that does not turn green) it is important to control the addition of CYA to the pool.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~