Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Nature2 Professional G mineral sanitizer

1. Back To Top    #1

Novi MI

Nature2 Professional G mineral sanitizer

I am new to pools. I have this device. If I have a hayward s244T sand filter why do I need a Nature2 mineral sanitizer? If I am testing and making sure the chemicals are fine is this necessary?
    26,700 gal (rectangular 18" x 36', CES 3'10" x 4'), IG, Vinyl, Hayward Super pump 1.5HP, sand filter-Hayward S244T, built roughly 5yrs ago I think, 1 1/2" pipe, TF-100, Well and city water available.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Nature2 Professional G mineral sanitizer

We don't recommend using a Nature2, or any similar system that adds metals to the water. Most of their models allow you to remove the mineral cartridge and leave the vessel in place.

By the by, Nature2 and sand filters have nothing to do with each other, the perform unrelated tasks. Nature2 adds metals to the water, sand filters remove debris from the water.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Louisiana

If you want to see all the Nature 2 horror stories just do a search here.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!
    This is how we maintain pools, no nature2 required.

TFPC for Beginners
    ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry

Here are the Recommended Levels for your pool.
    Here are the Recommended Pool Chemicals and how to add them.
    Use PoolMath to figure out how much to add.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach