Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A corner for the industry folks

1. Back To Top    #1

Coastalish 'down easter'

A corner for the industry folks

Sean, this site has generated so much attention that we seem to have a goodly number of members that are 'In The Industry' 8)

Would it be reasonable/ feasible to have a place for the industry guys to 'shop talk'? My reasoning is that there are enough 'pool dudes' here to justify it and, also that it would keep us from distracting from pool owner's posts with our 'shop talk'

I'd imagine that it would be down there with the 'Coffee Bar' It could well be educational for pool owners and would also provide a place for the industry guys to 'shop talk' without having to hijack a pool owner's thread.

Just a thought... accept or reject as you see fit

Edit - I gotta learn how to spell
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

2. Back To Top    #2
    St. Petersburg, Florida

Re: A corner for the industry fols

To Sean whom it may concern,

As someone who has read just about every post made on this forum since I joined a couple of months ago, I think this is a great idea. I wouldn't have the nerve to say anything, but I sure would like to listen in!

Cheers, Gary

P.S. In case the "read just about every post thing" thing makes you wonder, I do have a life (of sorts) - I just don't sleep well ... GTM
    15,000 gal. IG fiberglass pool w/ 1 hp Hayward Max-Flo and 250 lb. Hayward sand filter
    Located in St. Petersburg, Florida, and enclosed in a birdcage

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Pittsburgh, PA

Re: A corner for the industry fols

I would really like that as well. I find myself limiting some things because it might just be annoying for pool owners to read and I dont want to detract from the original question asked. I have learned a lot talking to waste that I have applied to my work, but some of those things are just too off topic and we take over threads.
    Involved in the pool and spa industry
    Pittsburgh, PA

4. Back To Top    #4
    Missouri City (suburb of Houston, TX)

Re: A corner for the industry folks

No sorry. I'm thrilled at all you industry folks who have joined and participate, but this site is for the general public. There are plenty of industry associations that have their own forums. I want to keep the focus of TFP squarely on the residential pool owners.

TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.