Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TA level importance

1. Back To Top    #1

TA level importance

I have a manually chlorinated pool and TA -70, PH -7.5 and has been for a week. Question is since it is much easier to raise TA than lower it is there any reason other than PH buffering for me to raise it to the 100-120 recommended range. My PH seems to be holding fine with TA at 70.
    24,000 gal vinyl Lazy L, 1 hp pump, DE Filter, Pentair 250K heater, Letro Legend pressure side pool sweep

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: TA level importance

Your TA is fine where it is. Dont raise it.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...mmended-levels
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank-you. My numbers of 100-120 came from the laminated card in my TF test kit. Should have looked on here for the chart.
    24,000 gal vinyl Lazy L, 1 hp pump, DE Filter, Pentair 250K heater, Letro Legend pressure side pool sweep

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Happy to help.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

TA isnt really something that you can put your finger on and say "it should be this", especially in a vinyl pool.
    It buffers the pH fluctuatin.
    A lot of things work into the chemistry of rising pH and a recommendation is just that. What really matters is that your pH is stable. If that means TA is 70, then there is nothing wrong with that.

FWIW, mine is about 50 and my pH is rock solid. I havent had to lower pH in about a year.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!