Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liuidator PVC holes

1. Back To Top    #1

Liuidator PVC holes

I may not use the Liquidator anymore, possibly moving to Saltwater. Wanted to know what are my options for closing the 2 holes on the PVC Pipe. Do they sell any plugs where I can put a plug in and in the future if i say don't go with the saltwater conversion to just "unplug" a plug or something?
    25k Gallon Gunite Inground Pool
    Pentair FNS PLUS DE filter
    Pentair WhisperFlo WF-24 (seems like single speed)
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liuidator PVC holes

Yes, you should be able to get a threaded plug the same size. You may need to look around a little, but they should be available. If you have the original installation instructions with the size threaded opening it needed it will help find the plug.
    TFP Moderator

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

Support the site

3. Back To Top    #3

so if the instructions say to drill a 3/8 inch hole, do I get a 3/8 inch plug? And do it take out the steel clamp and all and just put the new plug right into the PVC pipe? Does anyone have a link to this plug at say home depot or lower? Sorry I'm a complete idiot when it comes to this stuff.
    25k Gallon Gunite Inground Pool
    Pentair FNS PLUS DE filter
    Pentair WhisperFlo WF-24 (seems like single speed)
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

4. Back To Top    #4

After you drilled the hole didn't you use a tap to cut threads into,the hole? I thought the Liquidator threaded into the pipe. That would be the size you want.

Without that you could use a steel band pipe repair clamp which is basically a flat,piece of,rubber you wrap around the pipe and secure with band clamps.
    TFP Moderator

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

Support the site

5. Back To Top    #5

You could just cut the pipe and put a coupling in. Then no worries about another spot that could leak.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100