Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 7 k or 15 k saltwater system???

1. Back To Top    #1

7 k or 15 k saltwater system???

Hello all...wanted to upgrade to a saltwater system and we have the 14 ft intex ultra frame pool around 3,700 gallons...there's 2 diff systems the 7,000 one or 15,000 one....both are the same price just wanted to know if I bought the 15,000 would it be a bad idea as next year ill have a bigger pool (will buy us a new one when they go on clearance this year) just wanted to ask the pros before buying....thank you

2. Back To Top    #2
    Benton, KY

Re: 7 k or 15 k saltwater system???

I would get the bigger one. You may end up having to cut your pump time back some depending on how adjustable the output settings are on those, but it would be the right size for your new pool next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    33K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100XL

3. Back To Top    #3
    Longview, Texas

go with the biggre one if they're the same price
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

+1 on bigger!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach