my 1st trip to the pool store

Thanks to everyone for all your help with this issue. I know I could have it alot worse than I do now; at least I have a pretty blue, beautiful pool. I just want to do everythink I can to keep it that way.

Hopefully, I'll have my test kit next week. I've used the pool calculator and it is a great tool!

The reason the Ph rose is because I put in the Alkalinity Plus based on the ps owner's advise. :rant: But, I'll definately keep an eye on it. I went ahead and raised my FC by 2...well, I added the bleach, but I haven't tested yet. I'll test in the morning and after I get the kids' school done (we homeschool), I'll run a sample to the other pool store in town.

Thanks again everybody for you help and feedback! you guys rock!

Keep an eye on your chlorine... if your CYA is 80, you need to have a MINIMUM FC of 6ppm, ideally 9ppm. Never let it go below 6, or you are inviting algae and all sorts of other nasties in for a pool party! It is WAY easier to prevent problems than to clean up the mess they cause!

Welcome to TFP!

IMHO.. pool store owners and there employees are trained by the industries whom supply them the products that they sell! I really think they don't know as much as they themselves think, .....get your test kit and you will save big time over 2 years :goodjob: Finding this place is the best thing I have done with respect to my pool!!

once again thanks to TFP
Shaun

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.