hayward aquarite no power light

May 22, 2015
brooklyn, ny
Hello,

I know there are multiple threats about a similar issue that I am facing but mine seems a bit different. The issue is that my aqua rite does not have power light as 'on' This is what happens:

1) I turn on the filter
2) I turn the switch to auto on the aquarite - at one point the system will just show "no flow" for about 45 seconds and then no lights at all will be illuminated.
3) Even if I would then go and turn the switch to off and then to auto again no indicator lights would turn on again.

I read that the most common issue is the current limiter. Instead of just changing the current limiter I decided to go and buy a new board but the same issue is still persisting. The voltage on my aquarite is showing below 20 (at 14), according to hayward that indicates an issue with the board, but the board was replaced.

Can anyone offer any suggestion on what the issue might be?

Thank you

Welcome to TFP!

That totally sound like a current limiter problem. That said, there are other far less common things that can cause similar symptoms. Having the unit setup for 240 but actually getting 120 does something similar to that, and a bad transformer could as well, but neither of those is at all common.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.