Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Too much rain pool is collapsing

1. Back To Top    #1

Too much rain pool is collapsing

I'm in the process of installing a my FIRST in ground pool. The dig was complete and the plumbing installed. Almost everywhere the plumber excavated, the dirts had collapsed, thus breaking forms and putting stress on the plumbing. We've had record amounts of rain causing the dilemma. The contractor doesn't seem to be worried, should I?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Too much rain pool is collapsing

If he has been building pools a while he has had rain mess up his job sites before. Most good builders know how to recover and make it right.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the prompt reply. It's just a lot of CASH and it's going down the drain right now. Everyone says not to worry, but I'm a retired firefighter. I worried for a living

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by TNTNTX View Post
    Thanks for the prompt reply. It's just a lot of CASH and it's going down the drain right now. Everyone says not to worry, but I'm a retired firefighter. I worried for a living
    Hold up....

No worrying allowed here It's just a pool forum, and we are here for fun.

Welcome to TFP, and all kidding aside he will recover, but it's on him, so no loss for you. I feel bad for the both of you, but it will work out when things dry out a little. Glad you found us and I hope you enjoy the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

You can blame it all on my wife...

She had a pool put in at the beginning of this year. Apparently when they dug into our back yard they hit some Indiana Jones like tomb and unleashed some kind of ancient weather god that had been locked up for 1,000 years and boy was he ******. Busting into his tomb caused some type of massive low pressure area right over my house that has been sucking in every rain cloud within 2,000 miles. The way it appears at this point, it won't quit raining until before its time to close the pool for the winter. Sigh!!!

Oh.. and people in California are now asking her to come out there and build their pools.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

6. Back To Top    #6

Like Tim said, a reputable builder will know how to handle the problem. It's just a bump in the road to them. Be sure to ask questions. It's your yard and you have a right to know if he has a good plan going forward. If something doesn't sound right, ask someone else and/or post it on here.
    SCon36

24,000 Gallon IG vinyl pool (16x36x8) with Hayward S200 sand filter and Hayward pump and heat pump. Built August 2011. I use a Taylor K-2005 test kit with a K-1515 add on.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIgL...0MyAw&index=29

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    You can blame it all on my wife...

Oh.. and people in California are now asking her to come out there and build their pools.

Jim R.
    Yes, however the visits to California the last few weeks, all on Thursdays by the way, have been very limited. Just a drizzle here and there. One week was nice and steady, but the others have been kind of a tease. We would prefer a really good soaking - a few inches would be nice...signed pool builders in CA
    2015 Build Link: 15'x30' Rectangle (3'-6", 5', 4' depth) 14,000 Gallon Pool, Finish: Wet Edge Primera Stone Black Kona. TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin DX5+S Robot, Jandy CL460 Filter, VS 2HP pump, AquaPure 1400 SWG, iAqualink2, Automatic Safety Cover. No Heater