Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool wall buckling????? Installer says it's normal????

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool wall buckling????? Installer says it's normal????

We just had a new above ground pool installed. We had it 3/4 filled and discovered a leak in the liner. The pool installers came, replaced the liner. We started filling again, about 3/4 of the way this happened (see pictures) The pool installer said it's normal and to go shake the upright. I told him I wasn't comfortable doing that and frankly I shouldn't have to. He said once the water warmed up it would work itself out. I really don't think this is normal at all. The pool is only 20 days old and I'm super frustrated. Anyone else think this is normal? Should I continue to fill the pool? I'm really concerned about the bottom by the upright. It looks like it's crushing down like an accordion. 20150521_185554.jpg20150521_185547.jpg20150521_185553.jpg20150521_185554.jpg
    21x54 Influence Galaxy above ground. Hayward swim pro voyager. Hayward power-flo pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool wall buckling????? Installer says it's normal????

**** no, they would be replacing it! ASAP
    Intex Ultra frame 20" x 48"
    SWG and sand filter
    deck - ladder is going away after this summer
    Going to steps hopefully in a few weeks,
    * Little bit paradise in the country *

3. Back To Top    #3

Can you call the manufacturer and ask the question? If the pool is full, I would be concerned because I cannot see how the situation will improve.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh my. No that does not look good. Has he seen it in person or just a picture? How high is the water right now?
    27k gallon 33' round, partially buried 22" Sandman sand filter, 1.5hp 2 speed TidalWave pump, Pentair 'Lil Shark with leaf canister, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Bottom looks like a high spot. The top is normal for a pool not completely filled.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

It looked normal at first until I seen the very very bottom dents, those don't look good.
    Michigan - 24'x54" AG, approx 15,000g, 2 center drains, Cartridge filter, Aqua Pro 2hp, 2 speed pump 3.5a@1725w / 10.5a@3450w, AquaCal TropiCal T90 heat pump, Hayward Salt & Swim SWG, Poolskim, Aquabot Rover Jr.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

I am not an AG guy but I don't see any concrete block supports under the uprights. If they are not there, that might be the problem. Again, I am speculating and not a real authority on AG installations.

It5 also looks to me as if the pool has been installed on fill dirt. That is a no-no.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

Ok, so after talking to the installers and the guy from the pool store, we continued to fill the pool. They guaranteed if anything went wrong they would cover it, the guy from the store even came over last night to look at it. Anyway, the buckling at the top part of the wall is gone, but there is still a buckle at the bottom. Now I'm assuming it's a high spot. They did use concrete block under the uprights, so that isn't the issue. I'm going to call the guy from the pool store, because we've yelled at the installer quite a bit and he's probably tired of talking to us But it's been one thing after another. We're having a deck built and I don't even want to that guy to start until we have the pool taken care of, so frustrating.

20150523_074452 (1).jpg
    21x54 Influence Galaxy above ground. Hayward swim pro voyager. Hayward power-flo pump.

9. Back To Top    #9

Does the water line look like it is off level?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

the water level is dead on. But it does look slightly off in that area. So kudos to the installers for making it level. Hopefully a little dirt removal will take care of the issue. Fingers crossed!

11. Back To Top    #11

Could that be from the liner pulling down to hard on the wall in that spot?
    21' NEW YORKER II 54" DEEP AGP Private Label MORADA RTR WILBAR Aluminum wall
    Hard Bottom and 1/4" Floor Pad 1/8" Wall Foam Well Water Perma 2500 Unibead liner King Technology Pool Chlorine Feeder HAYWARD Diver Dave cleaner
    Waterway 22″ Sand Filter 1.5 HP Center Discharge Pump Single speed Wide Mouth skimmer

12. Back To Top    #12

We bought the pool from The Great Escape and the manager has been here two nights in a row checking on our pool. That's pretty cool I think. He's going to have the installers come take care of it this week. So, it seems to have worked out. But we'll have to see how they decided to fix it. Thanks to all for your input and suggestions!!! Now I have to figure out the chemicals, I have no idea

13. Back To Top    #13

That wall section was either bent or bulged from the get go or is a high spot at at least that post area.

I think it's coming down and be done right.

You could boil that water and it won't make a difference.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!