Trying to find a vacuum for pro series pool!

Hi everyone! My first time finding this site and it seems to be a great help so far! My wife and myself bought a 24' by 52" above ground pool and are trying to find a good vacuum that will work with it. We bought one that fit an intex pool thinking there wasnt much difference buuuuuutt.... It was and it wont work hehe. So any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Did you get a sand filter? A cartridge filter will not pull a vacuum, and is bound to be a PITA.

The Intex sand filter system will fit, make sure to get the adapters. Huge increase in water flow! Then get a real deal pool hose, vacuum head and extension stick, got mine at Lowes. There are relief valves integrated into the inlet and outlet valves that come with the sand filter kit. They are there for kid safety. They will reduce the vacuum to useless levels.

My pool has a thru-wall skimmer, so there is no suction hazard. I am planning on sealing the relief valve on the suction side to allow full vacuum. Once again, I have no suction hazard with a skimmer. If your situation has ANY suction hazard, please ignore this post, or install a skimmer

The Intex auto pool cleaner works well. It works on the return side with pressure so you have to have good return pressure. Since I can see my pool floor very well now thanks to TFP, I purchased a Pool Blaster Max rechargeable vacuume and just vacuum by hand. It works even better then the auto cleaner and I don't mess with hoses. I recommend the fine silt bag add on if you get one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.