Backyard Retreat - Nashville, TN

We had this pool installed in May 2010. It was a package deal from a local pool store and came with what they called their "Saltwater Treatment System" which was actually a Copper treatment with a shock treatment done every two weeks. Pool maintenance by their guidelines (using their test strips) was fairly easy and I had sparkling clear water but I noticed toward the end of the summer I actually had bugs living in the water. I spoke with my pool store about it and they said "Oh, they will die off...don't worry about it". When it came time for winterizing the pool, I had to use "their" special winter chemicals and in the spring use "their" special startup chemicals plus by a new Copper Cell. Again during the summer I noticed I had bugs living in my pool and they appeared quite healthy.
On a lark, I bought some standard test strips and found I didn't have any measurable amount of chlorine in my pool. The test strips "they" provided just tested for Copper, ph and alkalinity.
It was in the winter of 2012 that I found Trouble Free Pool and it was through the "pool school" I discovered that "their" system didn't really sanitize the pool water, all it did was prevent algae.
Thanks to trouble free pool, I weened my pool off the Copper treatment system and installed a saltwater generator. I went with the SWG because visited a friend of mine with a SWG and learned from him how easy it was to install and maintain his pool. I also purchased a good test kit so I could monitor and tweak my pool water as needed.
Attached are pictures of our backyard retreat that gets lots of use by the whole family.

Attachments

• kadx7006_01.jpg
    kadx7006_01.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 412
  • kadx7006_02.jpg
    kadx7006_02.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 408
  • kadx7006_03.jpg
    kadx7006_03.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 407
  • kadx7006_04.jpg
    kadx7006_04.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 408
Glad you found the forum and will get off of "their" program and on "your" program. Where you will know exactly what is going on and why. Looks like a nice setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually the heaters work pretty well...on a bright sunny day they would recover the 3-5 degree loss that occurred overnight. I just got the solar cover on yesterday and with it I'll gain 2-3 degrees net per day. Last year I would gain 3-5 degrees per day but one of the heaters developed a leak (of course right after the warranty expired) and I finished the season with just three.
I was late getting the pool open this year so it looks like I won't need to spend the money for the 4th heater. I do get a bit of a drop in flow with just the three heaters but everything still gets adequate flow. By the way, they are all connected in parallel. The first time I installed the four of them, they were connected as two pair in series/parallel. I had to change it to all four in parallel because whenever I cut in the heaters, my SWG would trip on low flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.