FC holding steady without running SWG - is this normal?

*JLS*

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2014
Central Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I know it seems like a good thing that my FC is not dropping, but I'm just curious if this sounds right.

My pool is in direct sunlight most of the day. I tested FC 3 days ago and it was 9 with CYA at 60. I turned the SWG off because I'm aiming for FC of 5. SWG has not been running for 3 days and my FC today is only showing 8.5. Could the stabilizer just be holding my levels steady that well?

I'm certain that I'm performing the test (with TF-100) correctly and I do not use any other form chlorine. Am I missing something or does this seem normal? Or am I just overthinking this?

Well today my husband confesses "Oh wait, I think I did turn it on for a few hours a couple of days ago."�� I knew something wasn't right because we've barely had a cloud in the sky for weeks now.

I tested again just now and it's down to 7.5

Thanks everyone for the input. I'll drill my husband a little better before I post next time. Haha

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.