Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First TF-100 test - New Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

First TF-100 test - New Pool

Our new pool was filled on 4/23, and the PB took care of maintaining the water until now.

I received my TF-100 kit today. Here are my first test results:

PH - 7.6
    FC - 2.5
    CC - 0
    TC - 2.5
    CH - 275
    TA - 100
    CYA - 20

I'm planning on running the chlorinator with Trichlor tablets until my CYA raises to about 30, and then switch to liquid chlorine.
    I guess I also need to increase my chlorinator setting a bit to get a FC of 4.
    Any other suggestions?
    15k gallon IG, 36' x 15', built April 2015, Pebble Sheen
    Pentair CCP420 cartridge filter, Pentair EasyTouch 8 controller, Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm 400K Heater
    Sta-Rite IntelliPro VS pump, Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro 1HP & 2HP pumps
    Paramount PCC2000 ICS, TF-100 w/SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First TF-100 test - New Pool

Since you're in Texas and we will eventually get rid of the clouds and rain and the sun will make its way here, you might consider raising teh CYA a bit higher.
    At least 40 and 50 wouldnt hurt in the middle of summer.

One we get into late spring and summer with blaring hot sunshine, you'll see a lot of fC burnoff at 30.

However, having said that, if you pool gets a lot of shade during teh day, then 30 will likely be just fine.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

I think you've got it figured!

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks good! Yes, need to bump up FC right now. Let's hope for some sun and chlorine burnoff soon!

Here are my fave Pool School articles in case you missed them.
    Here are the Recommended Levels for your pool.
    Here are the Recommended Pool Chemicals and how to add them.
    Use PoolMath to figure out how much to add.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you. FC is now at 3.5.
    I will retest my CYA next week to see how quickly the Trichlor tablets affect it.
    If there's no noticeable change, I'll add stabilizer in a sock and switch to liquid chlorine.
    15k gallon IG, 36' x 15', built April 2015, Pebble Sheen
    Pentair CCP420 cartridge filter, Pentair EasyTouch 8 controller, Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm 400K Heater
    Sta-Rite IntelliPro VS pump, Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro 1HP & 2HP pumps
    Paramount PCC2000 ICS, TF-100 w/SpeedStir