Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New SWG Questions.

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston, Texas

New SWG Questions.

Hello Everyone,

Today, I installed a Pentair IC40 Salt Cell. I used Morton Pool Salt to get started. Is it OK to use solar salt going forward? I currently have the cell running at 80%. Is this the proper setting? Should I let my pump run overnight? How long will it take for my low salt light to disappear? When will it be Ok to swim in the pool?

The size of my pool in gallons 29,453. The pool is inground and Pebble Tec. I have a Pentair IC40 Salt Cell.
    The pool was finished and filled on 10/11/13 and I am using a TF-100 Water Testing Kit
    The pool has a "12" raised spa with a negative edge spillway. The pool cleaner is a Pentair Legion Platinum Grey

2. Back To Top    #2

Long Beach, CA

Re: New SWG Questions.

How long has it been since you added the salt and what amount of salt in ppm did you aim for? If it has been less than 24 hours I would turn it down to 0% until tomorrow to let the salt mix in.

Solar salt is fine, make sure it is 99%+ pure with no additives.

Post the chem levels and we can suggest any tweaks from there.

The SWG % is dependent of pump run time and how much chlorine is needed. Each pool is different and yours will need to be adjusted as you go along. Testing is required everyday for a little while until you get the settings dialed in.

Fine to swim if chem levels are in range. You can swim while adding salt if you want.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process