Raypak 406A - HL2 Error Unless Cover is Off???

Apr 28, 2015
NJ
I have been battling a weird issue for 2 years:

When I Use my spa I get an error at around 90 F if I have the header cover on. After many hours of playing over the years, I just left the cover off all last season.

This year, I asked my local servicer to fix it and he just replaced the Hi Limit Switch, despite me saying I've read that's rarely it. I still get the same error in the same scenario... but not with the cover off.

a. How do I resolve the invoice with the service? I go nothing but a $30 part and a $180 "heater call" fee. Do I just pay them and try and fix on my own or should the heater fee include any necessary revisits?

b. Given this only occurs with the cover off, can some brilliant person here narrow down my next steps of diagnosis? How does one get off the unitherm governor cap to test that?

Thanks!

So how old is the unit?

What the part was $30 and the service call was $180??

If its still an issue they should come back out and work on it again. I would do this for my customer.

The unitherm gov cap just screws off. Use a pair of adjustable pliers and if your heater is older, be careful not to the break it. You could also look at the bypass valve as well.

7 Years oldSaltwater set up, pool chemistry maintained near perfectly...I get HL2 error. It looks like they replaced the left Hi Limit 1 sensor.1-C Thermostat Auto Reset 135 Deg Surface Mount 006725F (per parts explosion) I started to turn the Unitherm Governor Cap, but it didn't look like it was moving, just spinning, so I stopped... are the threads really fine?

Thanks for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.