Changing my liner, what else should I change/upgrade?

Apr 28, 2010
Central NJ
Hello folks,
I'm having my liner replaced in about two weeks and was wondering if there is anything I should be changing/upgrading. The liner replacement is inclusive of all gaskets (skimmers and light), is there anything else I should change? I have read of people upgrading their light fixtures, should I do this as well? I have a light but don't use it as much as it attracts too many bugs, but I am looking for suggestions.

thanks!

So long as you get new gaskets I think you are good.

Do you have shut off valves so that you can just turn them to work on the pump or clean out the pump basket? That way you do not have to waste all of the water.

Kim

That if you did not have the shutoff valves now would be a good time to get them.

The directions that came with my pool just said to lower the water below the bottom of the skimmer whenever I needed to work on the filter or pump then refill with water! Ah NO! I had my husband put on the shutoff valves and add unions so I could take the filter top off.

I have seen several pools that did not have shutoff valves so wanted to make sure you had some.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.