pool just shotcrete

May 22, 2015
El Cajon ca
So we finally got shotcrete in the pool after long delay with pool builder having his people finish up plumbing and my husband having to completely redo all he landscape wiring that the pool company cut through. We noticed yesterday (day after shotcrete) small cracks in bottom of pool, a couple holes in the bottom of the pool, and a hole in the side of the pool where the folks doing the shotcrete put a board in side of the pool to stand on so that they were high enough to shoot the deep end. The pool floor is also very uneven with the shotcrete high and low spots especially in the shallow end, almost wavy. The shotcrete people are coming back to complete some walls for us next week. Should we have the shotcrete people fill the holes or should we let them be filled at the pebbletech time? Also the pool builder told us yesterday that when we have the lights on at night that we will see a wavy floor in the bottom of the pool and that this was normal. This is our first time with this pool build experience and are concerned with these issues. Has anyone had experience with these things before?

that doesn't sound like quality work to be honest with you. they should be flattening/finishing the shotcrete as it goes in. how big are the cracks? is the concrete being watered down continuously? it needs to be wetted. a lot of wavy floor is a sign of poor finishing if you ask me, I wouldn't call that normal...some areas, yes. mine has a small wave, but not the entire floor. sounds like he is trying to set expectations low so you are ok with it. if its not acceptable, don't accept it.

Welcome to TFP, congrats on the new pool!

The weep holes will be filled with plaster/pebble. Yes, some "waviness" in the pool bottom is normal, but not a lot. Hairline cracks are also normal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.