Sand Filter Questions

May 17, 2015
Ohio
I just put up a 24' round above ground that I bought used.. took it down and set up at my house,replaced liner and in process of filling now.I'm not sure how old sand is in filter(not sure how often if needs replaced)..I have filter that looks similar to the one being cleaned in the videos.I dont have the black cap that he shows putting on at beginning..not sure if previous owner took off and forgot to give to me,as the filter was unhooked and empty when we bought it.It does look like something is in drain hole (looks like some kinda plug with X on it):confused:
I haven't put water in it yet to see if it comes out there yet.If I do need to replace sand,how much do I need to get? #20 sand right?

Re: Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter

You need to post the make and model number of the filter to know. Different filters use different amounts of sand. Please post this as your own question instead of hijacking this thread about deep cleaning filters.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.