Pentair 356630S 2 speed pump (no low rpm)

Jun 2, 2012
Hey Gang... it tried to start up my Whisperflo WFE-4 the other day, but it wouldn't go (failed bearings) so I replaced it with the WFDS-4 (Pentair 356630S) 2 speed motor hoping it will save some money and be quieter. The installation went fine and everything is up and running, but when I flip the switch to put it in low rpms nothing happens or changes... the filter pressure stays the same, water flow doesn't slow down, the sound of the pump doesn't change... it just seems to be running in high rpm no matter where the switch is at. Does the switch have to be hooked up, I figured it would be hooked up from the factory. Also, is up position supposed to be high or low rpms? Could it be the way I hooked up the wiring? I hooked the wires to 1 and 2 posts, but I noticed there is a 3 or 4 post also. Please help.... bummed not to be getting my savings and peace and quiet.

Thanks...

Welcome to TFP!

You have almost certainly made a mistake in how you wired the pump. A photo of the wiring and a description of where the switch is located would help us answer your question.

In most cases one of the hot wires is connected directly to a wire coming from the switch, and not to any of the terminals on the pump, however this varies a bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.