West Jordan, UTAH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
So I came home today to find that my pump had been running dry for roughly 10 hours. It got so hot that the water inside the hose was steaming. Apparently when it turns off it also loses its prime and never got it back.

So, from what I've read I must begin the search for an air leak and possibly install a check valve as well. I'm having a hard time locating the correct gaskets for my S244T filter...any suggestions?

Any suggestions regarding recommended check valves, places other than the filter to look for leaks, etc. would also be highly appreciated. I may end up replacing my pump now that most seals have likely cooked themselves to death...if so I'll go VS for sure!

I had a similar situation, though not as severe, happen to my pump last year. My multiport valve apparently has a tiny air leak where the handle enters the top of the valve. I couldn't figure out where it was leaking from at the time, so I put a check valve about a foot before the pump in the suction line. That way, even with an air leak after the pump, the pump stays full of water so it never loses prime. Others recommend a check valve between the pump and the filter, which would've worked in my case, but I like the assurance that the pump stays full even if there was a leak on a union or the lid of the pump. I can't help with the filter parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I spent my day replacing a large majority of the plumbing and also put in a shiny new Pentair Intelliflo VS pump.

I can only hope that prevents future problems! My Taylor test kit also showed up today in the mail, so it looks like I have some good times ahead.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.