Does this winter cover look okay

jo66tr

Aug 10, 2008
First time with a pool and first time covering one. Is this cover to tight? Is it supposed to go straight down the side wall? Mine angles down probably 45 degrees from the sides and then angles down from the air pillows I have under it. I am worried about it pulling the sides in when it gets snow on it this winter. I had the next size bigger cover but it seemed way to big. Thanks

Attachments

• DSCF4580_edited-1.jpg
    DSCF4580_edited-1.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 606
  • DSCF4579_edited-1.jpg
    DSCF4579_edited-1.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 604
Looks good to me. The air pillow will take the stress off the side walls. Spots that are next to a deck can be tough. Looks like you've got enough room to get a good hold in spite of that.

Keep the water pumped off and you should be all set.

This is exactly what I did with my pool...I posted the idea but not pictures in the above ground pool section regarding my poorly fitting pool cover and 54 inch walls. It looks good to me...I was concerned that maybe the pillow looked a little over inflated...but too hard to tell from picture...I inflated my between 1/2 and 2/3 full. Just a bit of news...we have had winds gusting to 25 - 30 MPH this weekend, and the cover has held fine...and it beets the water pillows that you pay $7-10 bucks for a piece...I use milk and chlorine jugs...and i only put them every other section...I can put more out as needed, but right not it is fine...I have had it covered for the entire month. Every thing is good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.