My water is blue!

I don't understand why you're slamming when what I thought you were trying to do was treat metals at this point. Slamming only continues to oxidize metals.

FC must be low, eg 1-3 ppm for metal sequestrant to work, and you should not slam for up to a week after. Bring chlorine back up slowly and keep your ph lower.

But at 5,000 gallons together with the unintended consequences of the AA treatment, at this point you might be better to consider draining.

To tell you the truth. I've all but given up on this pool. If it was up to me I would just cover it and use it for a dance floor. Should have drained it when I first got the BLUE water. Then I wouldn't have the metal to deal with. Now all I want is to get the water clear again. I don't care if it's BLUE water and white pool or clear water and tan pool. I just want to be able to see bottom. I mean it's only 5' deep!!
I know I need a better testing method. I just don't have it and I doubt I'm going to get it anytime soon.

The crazy thing is, this is all for her. I'm over 400lbs and will never be seen in a bathing suit. Ever.

I think someday I'm going to have to write a nice blog post for the spouses of new TFPers explaining the rationale, cost savings, importance of having the right tools, the right amount of patience and support...AND note that SHARED pool maintenance can be a great intimacy builder ;)

Sorry, you're getting frustrated, but without reliable test results, the good folks here really can't help much. They'd just be shooting in the dark. You might as well let the pool store sell you random chemicals to dump into your pool.

The TFP method works, but you must follow it precisely. And to do that, you must have precise readings. If you can't do that right now, then perhaps you should close it up and save whatever money you're spending on it now towards a good test kit. It'll save you money in the long run.

I'd suggest you post a full set of test results now, don't add anything else to your pool, and let the experts here guide you from there.

FC:
CC:
PH:
CYA:
TA:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You're on your way now! Post your readings once it gets there, and these folks will get you fixed right up. They can't help it -- it's an obsession. ?

Not a full set yet. Did CYA this morning. Came in at 150 following the logarithmic progression. So guess what I'm doing? Wife and granddaughter are not going to be happy. Will take most of the afternoon to refill 2500 gals.
I started the siphon the old fashioned way. Now I know why the water is so blue. The metal taste was so strong that it hurt my teeth. It's now 2 hours later and I can still taste it. Blech!!
Well the drain and fill should help that too.

Blood taste would normally = iron.

If you've partially drained and started slamming, its possible the metal will precipitate -- but adding sequestrant requires low FC level, so if this happens, wait til you're done the Sam completely, crystal clear even if tinted...then wait a few days, let FC drop and then add sequestrant. Hopefully the partial drain got you down enough to anage.
Cheers to clear ;)

The best part is I now know why I am breaking out with hives. I have a sensitivity to iron, copper, zinc and aluminum. If I hold a penny in my hand, I will get a red circle on my palm and the penny will get hot. (I know I'm weird...)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.