Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another bonding question

1. Back To Top    #1

Another bonding question

What ia the rational for why the bonding wire can only be 4-6 inches below grade and 18-24 inches from the water's edge. I have a Grotto (the immediate back of which is not accessible due to rocks) and I noticed that the bonding wire behind part of the Grotto is in some places probably 12 inches below grade and in some places about 27 inches behind the water's edge. I have tried to find an explnation of why these rules were chosen, and whether these apparently slight deviatioms are significant.

1200 Sq Ft 41,000 Gal. Gunite, JANDY SVRS VS pump, JANDY JXI 400,000 BTU, Polaris 280 w/ 3/4 BP, Rockwall and Grotto (w/6 jets and blower), 2 JANDY Lam Jets, 2 LED Bubblers, 5 Ledlights, AQUALINK P16 RS, 90% Quartz, SWF 185 GMP BP, SWF 125 BP, Levelor K1100 Autofill, AP Digital SWG, 2 skim and 5 returns, and mostly 3 inch piping

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Another bonding question

There isn't much point in worrying about things like that. If you pass inspection, leave it alone.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Seattle, WA

Re: Another bonding question

I would think the 4-6 is so the bonding wire is close to the surface and the 18-24 is the center of the zone that people use to transition between water and deck and where they generally walk wet and barefoot.
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.