My fiance and i just bought our first house last year. Lucky us, it had a 37,000 gal pool! So this is our first year opening. we were having some issues with algae upon opening. I did some research and decided to go with the TFPC method for maintaining the pool. picked myself up a Taylor K-2006 test kit and decided to go ahead and shock the pool. After some initial test i saw that my numbers were about spot on (cya, pH, etc..). I see that vinyl liner pools require about a 15 ppm to shock. i calculated to be about the right amount of bleach to take me from my initial 2.8 ppm to 15 ppm to kill this stuff dead. an hour later i tested the water about an hour later and realized i had overshot! i ended up with approx 18 ppm after shocking. am i in any danger of damaging my liner by running this high of a PPM for a short time to shock? obviously I'm going to let it lower for a while and not add any more chlorine. but if this chlorine level sits like this for a day or 2, am i in trouble? should I be looking to add a neutralizing chemical asap? or am i just overreacting like a pool newb?
any advice would be great! thanks guys