Converting old Sta-rite light to new pentair intellibrite LED - Help Needed

May 21, 2015
Canada
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some much needed help. I just moved into a new home with a pool and need to update my pool light.

It's an old Sta-Rite light, on the housing the model numbers are 05068-0012/05068-0017. I am looking to change this light to new LED, preferable the pentair intellibrite.

I've been to 3 pool stores and none of them could give me the answer, does anyone know if I can covert this? If so, which light? which adapter? And do I need a transistor conversion kit?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0579.jpg
    IMG_0579.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0580.jpg
    IMG_0580.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 111
first identify the bulb...is it 12v or 120v? it's 12v if you have a power transformer.

There's a wide variety of pool LED replacement bulbs on amazon for a reasonable price
with options for both voltage types.

The pentair...not sure.

Numbers you listed are for the niches that the fixture (what you have there), fit into. Niches no longer available. It doesn't matter, you don't need one.

Good news/bad news...

Good news is, that fixture is still available. This is a Pentair product, sub company is Sta-Rite, sub product/company was Swimquip (really old light!). P/N 05086-0XXX X=cord length 025, 050, or 100 feet. Those numbers are for 120v. 12V is a different number.

Bad news, No LED fixture appears to be available for that niche. Now you could probably get an LED "replacement bulb" at a hardware big box store. Not sure i would get one on line as they tend to be larger and you may encounter clearance issues. Pentair makes one P/N 602076 or 602065 (color). A bit pricey though. Note: that bulb is for the amerlite fixture and may not fit your fixture. You would have to call Pentair and see if it would fit in your fixture.

I just upgraded mine to a Pentair 12v LED. Let me check and will send the details.

My pool had the old amerlite niche.

I called Pentair and they recommended that I purchase a replacement bulb 602060 "Pentair Amerbrite Color LED Replacement Lamp 12V-" which I did and the niche had a design issue with the cord exiting the back of the niche pinching the chord that I didn't like. $300.00 mistake. I still came out ahead doing it on my own.

I then purchased the much slimmer Pentair 611011 Intelbrt 5G replacement sealed fixture, chord, and bulb. Works great.

You have a Sta-Rite so yours could very likely require a completely different set up.

If anyone is interested I have a good Pentair 602060 12v LED bulb for sale and will take considerably less than the $300.00 to send it to a good home. If you go 12v you also must purchase the Intermatic Underwater rated 12v transformer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.