Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Z5 - not in the water yet - already a problem

1. Back To Top    #1

New Z5 - not in the water yet - already a problem

I have unpacked and assembled the robot caddy. I started to remove the plastic protecting the scrubbers, when I found that one of the housing lids covering the filter does not latch. And I cannot adjust the latch to make it catch and hold the cover on. Has anyone else experienced this - new or after some use? Is this a minor annoyance, or will this impact running performance?

Thanks for any advice.
    35K gallons, StaRite S8D110 DE Filter, Pentair IntelliFlo vs3050 pump, IG gunite

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Z5 - not in the water yet - already a problem

I have not seen that, but it will be a problem if it opens while running a cycle in the pool. I would see what I could to try and make it catch. With no fix, I'm not sure what to advise aside from calling the seller for resolution. Sorry to hear it, no similar trouble on my M5, but I think the lids/latches are the exact same ones.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I emailed & called Epic Pool Supply on this one. They were great. I ended up sending them video of the issue and we are in process of getting a replacement. What with holiday weekend and shipping times looks like almost 2 weeks before everything settles. I'd post the video here but it looks like only pictures are supported. So - hat tip to Epic Pool Supply for customer service.
    35K gallons, StaRite S8D110 DE Filter, Pentair IntelliFlo vs3050 pump, IG gunite

4. Back To Top    #4

Epic seems to have great Customer Service. Just curious... was it Cheryl you spoke to?
    Quote Originally Posted by dsm View Post
    I emailed & called Epic Pool Supply on this one. They were great. I ended up sending them video of the issue and we are in process of getting a replacement. What with holiday weekend and shipping times looks like almost 2 weeks before everything settles. I'd post the video here but it looks like only pictures are supported. So - hat tip to Epic Pool Supply for customer service.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, Cheryl. She has been very helpful and pleasont to work with.

6. Back To Top    #6

So - problem resolved. Had to return original unit to Maytronics. Some delay in getting shipping label as all of this started just before Memorial day. More delays due to work travel. Epic Pool Supply shipped a new replacement unit. I finally got my robot in the water this morning. I'll just say that I am very impressed and quite happy. Epic Pool (Cheryl) was great, and this Dolphin is one fine cleaner.