Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Conroe, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Conroe, TX

Here's a new pool we bought that came with a house (or something like that). I haven't ordered a test kit, but I plan on buying the TF100, and when I do, I'll post the results. Still working on my signature, but hope you enjoy!

View from behind the spa.

Those things on the patio steps are lights, just in case you were wondering.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Conroe, TX

I'm sorry..............what was the name of your resort again?????????................Welcome to the forum!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP

Beautiful pool!
    18ft Round AG, Vinyl, 100LB Pentair Sand Filter, 1HP, June 2012, TF-100 w/SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Welcome to TFP.

A pool that beautiful... It deserves only the best. A pool like that deserves a TF-100, anything less is like a slap in the face.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP! What a fabulous setup!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

You're kidding right??? Those pictures can't be for real. You got them off the internet. Ok, who got you to do this to set us all up? I'm not falling for it, no way. No one just waltzes in, buys a fabulous house, and gets a gorgeous pool like that. Here I am killing myself making all these mind-boggling decisions during the pool build, living with mud and slop out my back door, waking up to the sound of grinding machines,,,,,,,,, and YOU hop on this forum ready for your test kit! NO FAIR!!!!

Ok. Well, I guess it's willy twue. Fairy tales do happen to some people, so I'll back off now.

Welcome and congratulations! What a beautiful pool and, and, and, well, and everything. I am in love with those plate glass windows overlooking the pool. It is all stunning! Now, we will need some night shots to show off the step lights. It all must be magnificent at night.

I agree with Woody, anything this lovely deserves a name. You need to name it like people name their ranches! Seriously, thanks for sharing, and I hope I didn't raz you too hard on your first day here! Take care! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

7. Back To Top    #7

I think you got it right. You bough the POOL. The house just happen to come with it!

I am with Suz, I would LOVE to see some night shots. I bet it is stunning!

Let us know when your test kit gets there. We can help you with the testing and what your pool needs.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

I appreciate everyone's nice words, and I'll get some night pictures when we fully move in (in a few weeks), as we just barely closed. I was just so excited I had to post some pictures! Anyways, I'll get the TF-100 ordered when we move in and get those results posted. Oh, and Suz, you mean to tell me that you don't like those grinding machines as an alarm clock every morning??
    14.5K gallon IG plaster pool, 1K gallon spa, dual 2hp Jandy pumps, 60 sqft DE filter, 400K BTU NG heater. Dual waterfalls, Jandy Aquapure SWG, Polaris cleaner with 3/4 HP pump, Aqualink RS. See my pool here.

Thanks!, Austin

9. Back To Top    #9

OMG!

That is one gorgeous pool man!! I love the finish color because it is truly natural looking with the water color it gives. It may be the best color combo for a natural looking pool I've ever seen on the forum. It is absolutely fantastic looking. That is extremely impressive. Ocean water looks like it does because of the sand and it's never blue sand down there. Very nice!

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

10. Back To Top    #10

wow. Mine suddenly feels like a $10 wal mart pool
    25,000 gallon IG with vinyl liner. Not sure how old it is. Sand filter, not sure what brand/size, Hayward Super Pump c48k2n143b1. I have a Polaris 180 cleaner on it's last wheel (haha). I'm still not sure about water restrictions, but haven't gotten any hate mail about the amt I used last summer. I absolutely LOVE my TF-100 test kit.

11. Back To Top    #11

You sure did get lucky with that house/pool. The pool is so beautiful and the decking complements your coping so well! I love the pool, and all the rocks and the waterfall, wow what a site.

I agree with Suz - how nice and stress free, no hidden frustration with the timeline from the pool builders, banging your head against the wall as you add this and delete that, no countdown to a huge increase in your water bill, or changing decking or tile or vinyl or gunite selections 100 times and then seeing a fabulous new pool on here and immediately calling your PB, how can I HAVE THIS? haha.

Love it! It is so beautiful and I am only a little bit jealous of your fabulous oasis. ENJOY and welcome to TFP.
    New Build started April 2015, 20x30x40 Lagoon Style Vinyl (indigo marble/blue granite), 27,500 GAL, IG, 839 square feet, 9' tanning ledge/baja shelf, 9' radial bench, 8' classic Waterfall, 3'6" to 8'Depth, Sand, Pentair 2 speed Superflow 1 1/2 HP, SWS, 2 Pentair LED Intelibright 5 G lights, Pentair Legend Platinum II pool cleaner, 2 skimmers, 3 returns. 1080 square feet of Silver Slate stamped concrete.

12. Back To Top    #12

Very nice!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

13. Back To Top    #13

I really like the landscaping, I wish I had a year round growing season.
    18' x 38' 20,500 gallon vinyl IGP, 3.5 - 7' depth, Pentair FNS Plus DE filter,
    2hp Whisperflo high performance pump, 1.1hp boost-rite pump for the cleaner,
    250k BTU MasterTemp heater, LetroLegend pool cleaner, Hayward TurboCell GLX-CELL-15 chlorine generator
    Speedstir, K-1776, TF-100

14. Back To Top    #14

Can I book a room? I plan on staying......forever! Stunning!
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

15. Back To Top    #15

Your a lucky guy! Have fun.

16. Back To Top    #16

Holy smokes that's nice. I got some work to do now.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

17. Back To Top    #17

Everything is beautiful!
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

18. Back To Top    #18

Picture of the pool equipment, for all you equipment fanatics out there!

Picture of the dual 2hp pumps

- - - Updated - - -

Polaris 3/4 HP booster pump

- - - Updated - - -

Picture of pool under shade

- - - Updated - - -

14.5K gallon IG plaster pool, 1K gallon spa, dual 2hp Jandy pumps, 60 sqft DE filter, 400K BTU NG heater. Dual waterfalls, Jandy Aquapure SWG, Polaris cleaner with 3/4 HP pump, Aqualink RS. See my pool here.

Thanks!, Austin

19. Back To Top    #19

NICE! I love how clean it looks. How do you get to the filter? I THINK I see a place to put one foot.

What or the round things in the deck?

I LOVE your coping!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    NICE! I love how clean it looks. How do you get to the filter? I THINK I see a place to put one foot.

What or the round things in the deck?

I LOVE your coping!

Kim
    It's definately a challenge to get to the filter.

Those round things are covers for the septic tank caps, and I'm glad you like the pool!

Thanks!, Austin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast