TA won't fall

dubele

Jun 17, 2013
Southeast Pennsylvania
My TA was 110 and I wanted to get it down. I have put in a total of 16 cups of baking soda....two doses at 8 cups each over two days. Yet, my alkalinity seems to be the same. Here are my readings:

FC 1
CC .25
CH 320
PH 7.8
CYA 55

Pool just opened and first time this year lowering TA. Last year, I lowered it many times with these dosages. So, I don't get why it won't budge.

I had a little trouble keeping everything straight in my mind when I first started the bbb method. Had to keep reading pool school over and overt till it stuck.:study:

My pool is my baby. I love learning everything I can to make her sparkle. TFP has educated me well in the last 2 years. I don't post very often but I try to read everything I can to learn more!

I may be addicted to TFP :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OMG!!!!! I am screwing up royally in my second year. Yes, I need a refresher. Actually, my TA was going up as I added baking soda......now I know why.
there are a lot of moving parts. Just take it slow and if you have to re-read before you add something there is no harm.

Take a look AT&T eh article pooldv posted about lowering TA

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.