Cant reduce High pH level

You will just have to repeat the process. Double check your your numbers in pool math and make sure they are all plugged in correctly and you have MA set to correct percentage.

- - - Updated - - -

How old is are you PH drops?

When I question my test kit, I usually run a test off of tap water to see what kind of readings I get. Granted I don't know exactly what I should expect out of my tap water, but usually see enough change to know my kit is ok.

I think the R-0004 drops you are using are fine and you simply need to add more acid.

That said, three years is too long and I suggest you upgrade all your chemistry that is three years old. It is penny wise and pound foolish to chase pool chemistry with very questionable reagents.

EDIT: and, yes, aimee is right. Your pH can be higher than 8.0 which would explain the additional acid.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes it could be way over 8 which is why your additions of chemicals (MA?) don't seem to be bringing it down. If it were me I would keep making adjustments per pool math, let circulate for a while repeat test and repeat with chemical adjustments.

On the drops being bad, I can't comment but I do know on that test you could be way over 8 if that is the highest it reads.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.