Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I am SLAMMED out....!!

1. Back To Top    #1

I am SLAMMED out....!!

Hey Hey...

Can someone please tell me what is the average time for a SLAM?

I am on day 10. My pool was not that green to begin with.

I am trying to keep it up to my FC shock level to 35. The lowest it gets to is 22. It seems to be consistently being there.

I am using my Dolphin to clean it almost constantly and keeping it debris free by skimming it. These helicopters and oak seeds are driving me nuts..... not to mention the crackle 'sacs'!!!

I feel like I am not doing things right.

PS. Any suggestions for reusing all the bleach bottles????
    Thanks a bunch....!!

18x38 25K gallon vinyl, Hayward DE filter, Intelliflo VS pump, Intellichlor SWG, Pentair EZ Touch control system

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sierra Vista, Az

Re: I am SLAMMED out....!!

It took me 13 days to SLAM mine. It was not green either and is much smaller than yours. You just have to be patient. You have been doing great.
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3
    Savannah GA

It'll break, you just have to stick with it.
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

4. Back To Top    #4
    Longview, Texas

Some take 5 days. Ive seen others take a month.

Just depends on how diligent you are at keeping FC up and filter filter filter

10 days is not beyond expectations at all.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Guaranteed to be done slamming this time next year.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach