Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer basket question

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer basket question

So I am planning on opening the pool this weekend and i opened up the skimmer basket and it looks like the ring sitting in the inside of basket has come loose from the skimmer housing. See picture attached, its the circle (sorry I dont know the technical terms for it).
    My first question is if this matters at all? I never bothered to check the ring in prior years.

Second question is if it does matter, how do i fix? Can I just seal it with some kind of glue?

Thanks in advance!!!
    I have a 35,000 gallon, sand filter, sunken above ground (so inground), vinyl liner, with an Aqua rite turbo cell SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Skimmer basket question

I have a 35,000 gallon, sand filter, sunken above ground (so inground), vinyl liner, with an Aqua rite turbo cell SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Your attachment does not work. The best way to add pics is to upload them to photobucket and copy the IMG code the paste it here.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/del...tml?sort=3&o=0

link above, keep in mind the actual filter basket is removed in this photo

5. Back To Top    #5

bump

6. Back To Top    #6

Sorry, I have no idea. Never seen a skimmer like that. Why is the water that color?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

dang was hoping someone would know. i always pour a little antifreeze in skimmer box to keep from freeze damage. I tried to google search on skimmer box images to find something similar but no luck so far. I inherited the pool from the prior owner and he did a lot of custom things that makes my life more difficult of course haha

- - - Updated - - -

it doesnt seem to affect the outside skimmer box housing. maybe he put it there so the round vacuum head had something to sit flush on?? create a better seal possibly during the vacuum process?

8. Back To Top    #8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hayward-SPX1...p2054897.l4275

I found this, it appears to be a ring for the skimmer basket and looks similar to what i have already. thoughts?

9. Back To Top    #9

bump

10. Back To Top    #10

That does look like the Hayward skimmer ring. They do occasionally come loose. In most cases, it doesn't matter too much as long as it holds the basket in place.

11. Back To Top    #11

thats what i thought - my only concern is whether id have enough suction during vacuuming. If its an issue ill probably just glue it down or something.

12. Back To Top    #12

Speaking of skimmer suction I was not impressed with ours. But now there is a solution. It is called skimdoctor. It increases the suction up to three times of the regular volume. Have had it for months and I am very impressed. Google it. You won't be disappointed.