What is this, and how do I use it?

DontFillitin

Platinum Supporter
May 7, 2015
Birmingham/AL
I know it is a type of cleaner, but the house was built in the 40's, and this looks older than the house! I know where the cleaner port is, and assume I chunk it in, and plug it up. Is there a checklist I need to go over before doing so?
731f4dc8b079fc758b59e4ee4782e8cc.jpg

sent from the device my boss pays the bill for, so I should be working instead of posting here

Thanks. It is closer to the polaris, but I haven't been able to find a match via Google images. It is getting old throwing the vac in and having to refill water almost every night when I get home.

sent from the device my boss pays the bill for, so I should be working instead of posting here

Its a polaris. Looks like probably a 280. They;ve been around for a LONGGG time.
The hose going into the top of it connects to a dedicated port in the side of the pool wall.

You need to be running both your circulation pump AND the booster pump for the 280 to work.
They are tricky things but when they work, they work well (for iron age technology).

That is a Polaris, but it could be a 180 or 280. Remove the bag and look down the tube it is connected to. If there is only one jet, it is a 180 if there are 2, it is a 280.

The tires look a bit worn and you probably should get a tail scrubber, but I'd throw it in, kick on the booster and see how it runs. If it has potential, then replacing the tires may be worth it. If the booster pump is a goner, it may be worth looking at other cleaner options.

There are rebuild kits available, that replace most all the moving parts. What goes bad on me the most are the gears on the inside of the plastic wheels. They get worn and sloppy and then it does not move as well.

That is a Polaris, but it could be a 180 or 280. Remove the bag and look down the tube it is connected to. If there is only one jet, it is a 180 if there are 2, it is a 280.

The tires look a bit worn and you probably should get a tail scrubber, but I'd throw it in, kick on the booster and see how it runs. If it has potential, then replacing the tires may be worth it. If the booster pump is a goner, it may be worth looking at other cleaner options.

There are rebuild kits available, that replace most all the moving parts. What goes bad on me the most are the gears on the inside of the plastic wheels. They get worn and sloppy and then it does not move as well.

thanks, I will look a little closer tonight

BTW, that is a pressure cleaner, not a suction cleaner.

Would a suction cleaner attach like the vac?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.