Hello and thank you! I've been lurking for a few weeks now, as I tried to decide which AGP to purchase. I have a few ideas, but way more questions than answers, so I signed up and I'm hoping to learn from all of you.Here are a few of the things I have not figured out yet:
1. Sand or foam under the pool? Seems like foam would be easier to work with for getting a smooth bottom. I know, above all else, the site must be level and need support under braces.
2. Where do I find a heavy duty ground cover? The one that came with the pool is practically see through!
3. Should I get a new pump/filter now? I've read that the included pumps for Intex are usually undersized. Ours is 1200gph with a sand filter (11" maybe? 26lbs of sand) and pool is 4545 gal. If so, what size do I need? I want to stick with a sand filter and I don't think I'm ready to learn about plumbing, as I'm putting my brain effort into mastering the fine art of pool chemistry. I don't mind investing in a good system.
4. Saltwater generator- will I have to study plumbing if I buy anything other than an Intex brand? I know I will need to remove the copper blocks for Intex.
5. To skim or not to skim? Leaves will not be an issue. Is a good daily sweeping with a net similar to skimmer results?
6. Saw a picture of pump/filter in a plastic deck box. I liked the look and seems like it would reduce noise, but do I need to be worried it would overheat here in South La?
TIA for your help!