Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Booster Leaking

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Booster Leaking

I have an issue with leaking coming from the top connection out of the booster pump. When just the pool is on, there is a small leak, but when you turn booster on the vacuum, it really pumps it out then. Wonder what method I should use to fix that... glue, putty, whatnot. Any recommendations? TYIA
    23x34' IG freeform play pool (18,850 gallon) ~ 7' spa raised 18" with 6 jets and 5 tier waterfall ~ IntelliChlor SCG ~ Pentair Intelligent VS-3050 variable speed pump ~ Clean and Clear 420 cartridge filter ~ Easy touch controller ~ Blue Granite Pebble Sheen ~ Intellibrite LEDs ~ Turbo twister slide ~ 8x8 flagstone tanning ledge with umbrella sleeve and bubbler ~ In-pool flagstone table with umbrella sleeve ~ 947 sq ft exposed aggregate decking

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Booster Leaking

What type of fitting is it? Sounds like a replacement might be the best option. If it's a significant leak at all, I wouldn't try putty or glue.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pentair Booster Leaking

Sorry for the delay getting back to this... It's coming from the top left portion of this picture... Amazon.com : Pentair LA01N Energy Efficient Single Speed Pressure-Side Pool Cleaner Booster Pump, 3/4 Horsepower, 115/230 Volt : Swimming Pool Water Pumps : Patio, Lawn Garden

It's plumbed using PVC, not like how Pentair has it listed with a flexible connection. Do they sell the connection kit maybe? My PB hasn't been too helpful unfortunately.
    23x34' IG freeform play pool (18,850 gallon) ~ 7' spa raised 18" with 6 jets and 5 tier waterfall ~ IntelliChlor SCG ~ Pentair Intelligent VS-3050 variable speed pump ~ Clean and Clear 420 cartridge filter ~ Easy touch controller ~ Blue Granite Pebble Sheen ~ Intellibrite LEDs ~ Turbo twister slide ~ 8x8 flagstone tanning ledge with umbrella sleeve and bubbler ~ In-pool flagstone table with umbrella sleeve ~ 947 sq ft exposed aggregate decking