Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

View Poll Results: Did you bond your pool?

3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I bonded my pool.

3 100.00%
  • No, I didn't bond my pool, but know what bonding is.

0 0%
  • No, I didn't bond my pool and never heard of it.

0 0%

Thread: Poll: Did you bond your above ground pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Youngstown, OH

Poll: Did you bond your above ground pool?

This is the second summer I've had my AGP.. Never heard of bonding before.. I got a heater this year and in the directions it says to bond it.. Looking up info on it and surprised I never heard of this before.. I asked about 5 people I know that have AGP's and none had heard of it or done it.

I contacted my pool store and asked if it was necessary to bond the heater and they said no..

So, how important is this? If it's so important, why don't the pool installers / stores / etc specifically mention it?

And, who hear actually did it to their AGP?

24' Round x 54" Bliss XL Above Ground Pool 14,090 gallons // Hayward S270T Pro Series 27-Inch 350lb Sand Filter // Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed // Hayward H200FDN Natural Guess Heater // K-2006 Test Kit
    Youngstown, OH 44514

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Poll: Did you bond your above ground pool?

It has to do with the pool being "temporary" or "permanent". Temporary pools do not need to be bonded, while permanent pools do. The exact definition of what is temporary varies from place to place. The most common dividing line is that four feet deep or deeper is considered permanent in many places.

Adding a heater complicates the situation, and can sometimes cause what would otherwise be a temporary pool to be considered permanent, and thus require bonding.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Poll: Did you bond your above ground pool?

I could not get approved for a permit, if it was not bonded.
    5,700 gallon, Carribean Isle 15x52 Round Above Pool.
    Cartridge Filter.
    Installed Fall, 2014.
    North New Jersey
    Using the TF100 test