I slammed the pool a few weeks ago after an algae outbreak. Thought I got it all, but now the algae is re-blooming, so I'm starting a new slam. ARGH.
This time I'm trying to follow the slam instructions to the T. I have a SWG and my CYA is around 80. According to the chart, the shock level is 31. I've never put the chlorine so high ever. Plus -- I wonder whether this is mustard algae (it's a burnt orange color when I brush my pool) which PoolMath says I should go up to 44 after the slam is done.
I've just never let the chlorine go that high. Is it dangerous for my pool at all? (Note: no one is swimming in the pool yet; the water's too cold. So I'm not worried about human interaction. I'm more worried about the equipment.)
I'm going to do my best to follow the slam instructions very carefully this time so it can be dealt with once and for all.
I'm using liquid chlorine. I don't mind the inconvenience of lugging gallons of it around. But feel free to advise me if there's a better solution in my case.
This morning I raised the FC from 4 to 25 as a starter step. I was just nervous about adding significantly more, since I've never done it before and it makes me nervous to be adding so much. Can someone make me feel a little better about what I have to do?