Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wonderful forum!

1. Back To Top    #1

Wonderful forum!

Greetings all!

I'm a Pool and Spa service tech in North Carolina and proud owner of a crusty old Hot Springs Classic that is getting restored for this winter.

The forum is a great tool for me, so my appreciation goes out to all of you, owners and professionals both. Looking forward to spending way too much time here.

Tim

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wonderful forum!

Welcome to TFP !
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Hey, Spishex,

Glad you're here. There's three or four of us that are only a few miles apart.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to our corner of the 'net. Your expertise will be a great addition!

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi Tim and welcome to the forum!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi Tim

Always good to have another pro around!

Seems to me that Butterfly or one of the other mods might change your designation to "In The Industry" to allow the folks here to know that you you know your sh** (uhm.. stuff) :P

I personally think that it's great!! you've joined here to share your knowledge and learn some things that will help you and your customers
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the welcome, guys. As promised I've been here more than is probably healthy the last few days. So much built up energy from not being able to post on poolforum... I've gone through a lot of manufacturer's courses so don't be afraid to let me know when I'm just repeating some BS I heard somewhere. The chemical knowledge on here in particular is so far above and beyond what I ever learned I know I'll slip up once in a while. Ah well, I'll try anyway.

Thanks again!

8. Back To Top    #8

36 posts in 2 days is a goodly number I'm glad you're doing it! you're finding your way around the site and helping where and when you can

While it's a shame that Pool Forum can't accept new members , this site has attracted a lot more 'In The Industry' folks and I like that! Expert -been there, done that, ruined the tee shirt doing it, - advice is VERY welcome here!

By the way, thanks for saving me numerous keystrokes with your good answers 8)

Ted
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

9. Back To Top    #9

Glad to help!

So, an etiquette question: Any issue with me putting the link to my website in my signature? I've noticed a lot of manufacturer links around but don't want to get too self-advertisey for anyone's taste.

10. Back To Top    #10

I think it's OK to link to your site as long as you're not selling stuff. If you sell stuff, talk to SeanB and he may make you one of the 'prefered vendors' for this site as long as you are willing to offer a discount for the members here 8) )

I think the best way to do this is run whatever you're thinking of by SeanB or JasonLion, just to be sure that it's kosher
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by spishex
    Glad to help!

So, an etiquette question: Any issue with me putting the link to my website in my signature? I've noticed a lot of manufacturer links around but don't want to get too self-advertisey for anyone's taste.
    Welcome to TFP!

A link is fine. Just be sure to read the rules about what you can and can not include:
    rules-for-signatures-and-avatars-please-read-t3903.html

And thanks for asking!
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

12. Back To Top    #12

Hi there, welcome to the forum. I've enjoyed reading your posts.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com