Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CC testing with TF-100 test kit

1. Back To Top    #1

Auburn, NH

CC testing with TF-100 test kit

I have been using my new TF-100 test kit and I had a question about testing CC.

Using a 10ml sample: after I test for FC and I add 5 drops of R-0003, I get a very faint pink color. One of R-0871 drop makes it go away, so that is roughly .5

My question is, do I need to use a 25ml sample to know just how close to .5 I am, or do I only worry about this if I have to add 2 drops of R-0871 to make the pink go away?

17K gal, IG vinyl, 1.5 HP Pentair SuperMax VS pump, 300 sqft Pentair Sta-rite System3 cartridge filter, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, The Pool Cleaner 4-wheel Suction Cleaner, New Pool Build May 2015, TF-100, Well Water

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Minnesota

Re: CC testing with TF-100 test kit

No need to do the 25 mL test. As long as your CC is 0.5 or less (1 drop or no color change) you're good to go.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Re: CC testing with TF-100 test kit

Technically, you want the CC to never need more than 1 drop to clear as the CC should be very near 0.
    If you did the 25ml test, we would still not want you to have to use more than 1 drop, meaning ideally the CC would be < 0.2

That said, just use the 10ml and 0.5ppm increments ... that is plenty precise.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!