Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacement Liner newbie

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacement Liner newbie

My liner collapsed in this year so I'm shopping for replacements. I bought the house with the pool, so I don't know the brand. The pool is 18''. The existing liner is 48''' beaded. My pool is dish shaped, with the middle being deeper. Do they make liners for that? The only expandable liners I've seen are overlap style. Or is it more like that this dish shape was just something that happened over time and it was flat originally? It's a fairly large dish, so I would have thought the liner would have torn apart if it wasn't specifically designed for this shape. Or should I just flatten it out and get a standard beaded liner and call it a day.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacement Liner newbie

It would help us help you if we knew the water depth from the middle of the pool. All liners give a bit of a stretch on a hot day of install but without knowing how deep the middle is, It's hard to say. But on a gamble, if it really is a 48" with a bead, it should work.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

The liner collapsed and the water drained, so unfortunately I can't measure it. But, I would say it's about a head. By that I mean if the water was at a teenagers chin level at the edge of the pool, it would be at the top of his head if he stood in the center.

4. Back To Top    #4

Lol that still doesn't help because teenagers come in many different sizes.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

If you can't find a beaded expendable liner, why not switch to an overlap liner? They are not as easy to remove for replacement, you have to remove the top rails but, how often do you have to replace the liner?
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).