Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need some help with High PH

1. Back To Top    #1

Need some help with High PH

Got rid of my algae about 3 weeks ago. Thanks for the help with that.
    I have got everything in check (I think) except I am continuing to battle higher PH

My test this morning.

FC - 4.5
    PH - 7.8
    TA - 100
    CH - 340
    CYA - 40

Temp 74

I have been running my aerator at night while pump is running to help get my TA down. After the SLAM my TA was 130.
    I have been bouncing back and forth between 7.6 and 7.8 or 8.0.

My acid demand test is usually 2 - 3 drops to get it down to 7.2 - 7.4. So I have added 22 - 33oz of MA and the next day the change is negligible.
    11,790 Gallons - IG - Pebble - Sand Filter - Triton II - WhisperFlo 1 Speed - Paramount PCC2000 Infloor Cleaning & Waterfall - was Built in 2000. Taylor K2006C - Tired of the FOOL Store run around. Trying BBB/TFP

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Need some help with High PH

It takes awhile to get the PH and TA stable sometimes. I unfortunately have high TA and PH in my fill water so I battle this too. All you can really do is keep adding MA as needs when PH rises.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

All that aerating is causing your PH to rise. I have two waterfalls and SWCG (which also aerates the water) and my PH goes from 7.2 to 7.8 in 5-7 days.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuyInNOLA View Post
    All that aerating is causing your PH to rise. I have two waterfalls and SWCG (which also aerates the water) and my PH goes from 7.2 to 7.8 in 5-7 days.
    So if my TA is now more in line should I turn off the aetator and that should help. I also have a water fall that I run on a small trickle when the filter is running just to keep the basin from growing algae.
    11,790 Gallons - IG - Pebble - Sand Filter - Triton II - WhisperFlo 1 Speed - Paramount PCC2000 Infloor Cleaning & Waterfall - was Built in 2000. Taylor K2006C - Tired of the FOOL Store run around. Trying BBB/TFP

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, that is correct.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry